Ukraine’s navy says Russian forces are ‘persevering with shelling in all instructions’ as Kyiv-Moscow put together for talks on Belarus border.
- Talks between Ukraine and Russia are because of start on Monday morning close to the Belarusian border, reviews TASS information company.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy tells British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that the subsequent 24 hours are “essential” for Ukraine.
- Ukraine navy says Sunday was a “troublesome time” for its troops and that Russian forces “proceed shelling in nearly all instructions”.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has put Russia’s nuclear forces on excessive alert.
- Kharkiv governor says Ukrainian troops have full management of the nation’s second-largest metropolis after road preventing with Russian forces.
- Greater than 360,000 individuals have fled Ukraine because the starting of Russia’s assault, the UN says.
Listed below are all the most recent updates:
Satellite tv for pc photographs present new navy exercise
US firm Maxar Applied sciences has launched a sequence of latest satellite tv for pc photographs that seem to point out a big deployment of Russian floor forces, together with tanks shifting within the path of the Ukrainian capital Kyiv, from roughly 64km (40 miles) away.
Bolsonaro gained’t condemn Putin, says Brazil will stay impartial
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has declined to sentence Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, whereas departing from his authorities’s official stance on the United Nations to say Brazil would stay impartial.
Bolsonaro, a far-right populist, just lately snubbed US entreaties to not go to Putin in Moscow forward of the invasion, and angered Western allies by saying he was “in solidarity with Russia,” with out elaborating.
At a press convention, Bolsonaro mentioned Brazil will stay impartial within the battle, noting Russia and Ukraine have been “virtually brother nations”.
“We won’t take sides, we’ll proceed being impartial, and assist with no matter is feasible,” Bolsonaro mentioned. “A giant a part of Ukraine’s inhabitants speaks Russian.”
Subsequent 24 hours essential for Ukraine: Zelenskyy tells UK’s Johnson
Zelensyy instructed UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson by phone that the subsequent 24 hours are essential for Ukraine, a Downing Road spokesperson has mentioned.
Johnson mentioned the UK and its allies would do every part potential to ensure that defensive assist reached Ukraine, the spokesperson mentioned in an announcement.
Ukrainian navy says Sunday was troublesome for its forces
The final workers of Ukraine’s armed forces described Sunday as “a troublesome time” for the navy, saying Russian troops “proceed shelling in nearly all instructions”.
In an English-language publish on Fb, the overall workers mentioned defence drive members within the Vasylkiv navy air base south west of Kyiv have been resisting artillery strikes and Russian assaults.
Russia-Ukraine talks to start on Monday morning, says TASS
Talks between the Russian and Ukrainian delegations will start within the morning on Monday, a supply has instructed Russian information company TASS.
“It’s not a postponement. The assembly will start within the morning. The reason being the Ukrainian delegation’s logistics,” the supply mentioned.
Ukrainian and Russian officers are because of meet for talks at a venue on the Belarusian border with Ukraine, Zelenskyy’s workplace mentioned earlier.
Welcome to Al Jazeera’s persevering with protection of the Ukraine-Russia disaster.
Learn all of the updates from Saturday, February 27, right here.