U.S. Secretary of Training Miguel Cardona will ship opening remarks Wednesday on the 2022 Advancing Fairness in Profession-Related Training Summit, a digital convention bringing collectively lots of of officers and exterior stakeholders to share methods to assist youth and adults entry high quality profession pathways.
The digital occasion, hosted from midday to 4 p.m. ET by the Division’s Workplace of Profession, Technical and Grownup Training (OCTAE), can be a discussion board to trade analysis, evidence-based methods, and modern practices that advance fairness throughout career-connected schooling. Presenters embrace representatives from federal, state, and native companies, and establishments of upper schooling college students, academics, and researchers.
Tomorrow’s Advancing Fairness summit is a vital element of the Training Division’s ongoing efforts to implement Govt Order 13985, Advancing Racial Fairness and Assist for Underserved Communities By the Federal Authorities. The summit additionally advances the Secretary’s targets for all youth and adults to be prepared for, and have significant entry to, high quality faculty and profession pathways.
In a significant deal with, Secretary Cardona just lately highlighted the significance of constructing increased schooling extra inclusive and reasonably priced. He additionally careworn that college students ought to have pathways by way of increased schooling that result in profitable careers. To realize that, he known as for reimagining the connection amongst p-12, increased schooling and the workforce. Secretary Cardona additionally really useful prioritizing grant applications that permit college students to return to increased schooling or pursue profession and technical education schemes at any level of their lives and careers.
Among the many summit highlights:
- Midday-12:15 p.m. – Secretary Cardona will reinforce his priorities for schooling, introduced final week, which included making increased schooling extra inclusive and reasonably priced, in addition to guaranteeing pathways by way of increased ed that result in profitable careers.
- 12:15–12:50 p.m. – Opening session, “The Federal Function in Driving Fairness Throughout Profession-Related Training,” that includes a panel dialogue on how the Training Division and its federal companions can help the Biden Administration’s dedication to fairness throughout career-connected schooling.
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Breakout Session 8: “Scaling Proof-Primarily based Scholar Assist Providers at Neighborhood Schools,” specializing in evidence-based fashions for offering neighborhood faculty college students with the help providers they should thrive.
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Breakout Session 9: “Advancing Increased Training Entry By Second Likelihood Pell,” overlaying modifications in entry to Pell Grants for justice-involved people and promising practices from the Second Likelihood Pell initiative.
- 3:50 p.m. – Closing remarks by U.S. Underneath Secretary of Training James Kvaal.
To register for the summit, click on right here. Extra particulars will be discovered right here.